Avalanche Skills Training 1
Saturday, Feb 15, 2020 – Sunday, Feb 16, 2020
9:00am – 4:00pm
YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW
Do you venture off the trails, out of bounds, or into the backcountry? AST 1 is the place to start. It is a must for everyone recreating in the back or slack country. You don’t need any experience or equipment to take our course (brand new BCA transceiver, shovel, probe and pack is provided for use). This is the course where you’ll learn how to recognize avalanche terrain and how to self-rescue. An AST 1 is a two day course with both classroom and field components. This is the first step for both you and your friends towards safe travel in the mountains.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN AN AST 1:
- Avalanche formation and release
- Identify avalanche terrain
- The basics of trip planning
- Optimal use of tools and resources
- Forecasts to mitigate your avalanche risk
- Use appropriate travel techniques in avalanche terrain
- Intro to companion rescue
$289 + GST includes handbook, Avaluator and more!
Limited space available, $289 per person.
Age: 12+ years old.
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
EVENT DETAILS & CONTACT
Sun Peaks Resort
3240 Village Way
Sun Peaks, BC, V0E 5N0